•Thursday, Rossland’s Sacred Heart Church 7 p.m., annual Advent Music Celebration. Music and meditation followed by hot chocolate and cookies. Everyone welcome.
• Friday, Waneta Plaza Centre Court, 10 a.m. start for Light Up the Hospitals Pledge Day. Live entertainment and more, runs until 7 p.m. Visit the Plaza or KBRH Health Foundation to make a donation, call 888-364-3424 for info.
• Saturday, Trail United Church, 10 a.m. until noon. The U.C.W. host their Christmas Coffee Party at Knox Hall. Bake sale and toonie table. Admission by donation.
• Saturday, 900 Spokane St., noon til 4 p.m. Trail Indoor Market.
• Saturday, downtown Trail, 4 p.m. Silver City Nite features Santa’s Candy Parade along the Esplanade and through downtown. Local 480 hosting hot food fundraiser; Trail Firefighters’ outdoor marshmallow roast.
• Saturday, Fruitvale Memorial Centre, 9-11 a.m. Breakfast with Santa. Fruitvale Firefighters cooking, Beaver Valley Nitehawks serving. All proceeds to Fruitvale Community Chest to help with food hampers in the Beaver Valley.
• Dec. 9, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7:30 p.m. for Rotary Christmas Carol Concert. Feature six choirs, the Trail Maple Leaf Band and one soloist. non-ticket performance, cash collection at intermission. All proceeds to the Salvation Army.
• Dec. 10, Royal Theatre, 7 p.m. National Theatre Live presents Jane Eyre. Almost 170 years on, Charlotte Brontë’s story of the trailblazing Jane is as inspiring as ever.
• Dec. 12, Charles Bailey Theatre, 3 p.m. Shrek the Musical Jr. Local young talent in Triple Threat Experience and Steps Dance Centre. Runs again, 7 p.m. Once upon a time, in a far away swamp, there lived an ogre named Shrek whose precious solitude is suddenly shattered by an invasion of annoying fairy tale characters. Directed and produced by Carolyn Ferraro, Juliana Marko and Nadine Tremblay. For info call the box office, 250.368.9669.
• Dec. 12, Rossland Miners Hall, 8 p.m. doors open for Ski Bum Snowball. Presented by Rossland Rotary, featuring the Foggy Goggle Boys. Tickets available at Alpine Grind and Powder Hound.
• Dec. 13, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents My Internship in Canada. An independent Member of Parliament who represents Prescott-Makadewà-Rapides-aux Outardes unwillingly finds himself in the awkward position of holding the decisive vote to determine whether Canada will go to war.
To submit email firstname.lastname@example.org.