• Friday, Haines Park in Fruitvale, 11 a.m. for the Fruitvale Firefighters Non-Profit Society’s Beaver Valley Easter Egg Hunt. Hot dogs, juice and hot chocolate by donation.
• Friday, Gyro Park in Trail, 11 a.m. for an Easter Egg Hunt. Hot dogs and hamburgers for sale by the Kiwanis Club. Proceeds to Canadian Tire Jumpstart.
• Saturday, Rossland Museum and Discovery Centre, 11 a.m. for Easter activity day and egg hunt.
• Saturday, 9:30 a.m. sharp for Waneta Plaza’s Annual Giant Easter Egg Hunt. Kids up to 9 years of age welcome.
• Saturday, 9:30 a.m. start for Waneta Plaza’s Annual Easter Bake Sale – supporting community groups in the area.
• Saturday, Local 480 Union Hall from 4:30-6 p.m. for the Salvation Army Community Easter Dinner. Event is free.
• VISAC Gallery showing, “Surface Treatments“. Exhibition highlights various techniques for adding pattern, texture and visual effects to pottery items, to enhance their appearance. Features work by members of the VISAC Pottery Guild, and continues last year’s “Pottery: Follow the Process.” Runs until April 24.
• April 11, Trail Legion from 1-3 p.m. for the ladies auxiliary’s spring tea. Tickets $3.50, door prizes.
• April 12, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Selma. The true story chronicles the tumultuous three-month period in 1965, when Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. led a dangerous campaign to secure equal voting rights in the face of violent opposition.
• April 16, Selkirk College in Trail, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Chronic Pain Self-Management Workshop. Better manage your pain by understanding pain and symptom cycle. Set realistic goals and learn problem-solving. Call 778.477.2966 or email Carol Sicoli at email@example.com. Workshop continues April 23, April 30, May 7, May 14, and May 21.
• April 17, Trail Legion for a Spring Dance hosted by the Trail Lion. Proceeds going to sponsor an incrEDIBLE trail planter, and left over monies, to local charity.
• April 29, Royal Theatre at 7 p.m. showing Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago. Partnering with Camp Koolaree with ticket sales proceeds going towards the camp. Established in 1931, Koolaree is a 137-acre camp located on the West Arm of Kootenay Lake. Surrounded by beach, trails, mountains and lake, it makes for a true wilderness setting. Camps run July 8 to Aug. 8 for all ages. For information visit campkoolaree.ca.
• May 2, Knight of Pythias Hall in Trail, 6-8 p.m. the Mystic Dreams Belly Dance presents: the Unveiling. A belly dance performance featuring Mystic Dreams dancers and dancers from Castlegar, Grand Forks and Kelowna. Tickets $10, available from local belly dancers or call 521.0120 or email Lisa Keech at firstname.lastname@example.org.