• Tonight, Jazz at the Griff, 7: 30 p.m. for the Clinton Swanson Quartet. A night of chamber jazz featuring Ian Hartline on alto sax and clarinet; Swanson on tenor sax; Rob Fahie, acoustic bass; and Doug Stephenson on guitar. Call the box office, 368.9669 for info.
•Saturday, Rossland Miners Hall for an evening with Valdy. Doors open at 7 p.m. Post show reception to meet the performer and get poster signed. Tickets $10. Contact Mike Ramsey firstname.lastname@example.org or call 362.7787 for info. Limited seating, sponsored by the Rotary Club of Rossland.
• Sunday, Rossland Miners Hall, doors open at 6 p.m. Joe Hill Coffee House marches on at 7 p.m. Admission $3, kids and students free. Coffee, tea and goodies. For info call Les Carter 362.5677 or email email@example.com.
• Today, Comino Gym from 4-6 p.m. Steps Dance Company invites the community to a full dress rehearsal for the Canada Production number that they will be performing in Disneyland and on the Carnival Cruise.
• Today, Rossland Art Gallery presents “It’s Time for Colour.” For the first time, the Canadian Quilters’ Association presents the Travelling Quilt Show. A rare opportunity to purchase a quilt (36 available) made by a Master Quilter for $200 each plus tax. All proceeds donated to the Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada. Show runs until March 16.
• Saturday, St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. incrEDIBLE trail’s Seedy Saturday. Seed swap, seed vendors, garden products, educational booths and more. Free admission.
• Saturday, Sacred Heart Church gathering space from 1-3 p.m., the Sacred Heart CWL in Rossland is hosting it’s annual St. Patrick’s Day Tea. Cost is $4 per person.
• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Guest: Robert Hill, Convatec Rep from Vancouver. For further info call 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• VISAC Gallery showing exhibition by Jerry and Kate Enewold. The Thrums couple brings varied talents in silver and beaded jewelry, paintings, carved masks and doors. Visit visacgallery.com for details, runs until March 20.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre at 9:55 a.m. the Met Opera presents Rossini’s La Donna Del Lago. Music Director James Levine makes his long-awaited return to the Met podium to conduct Mozart’s beloved opera about testing the ties of love.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre at 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Still Alice. Happily married with three grown children, Alice is a renowned linguistics professor who starts to forget words. She receives a diagnosis of Early-Onset Alzheimer’s Disease.
• March 22, Royal Theatre at 9:55 a.m. the Royal Ballet performs Swan Lake. The greatest of all romantic ballets, a captivating story of a beautiful woman transformed into a swan, and a heart-rending tribute to the power of love.
To submit to Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org