• Saturday, Village of Warfield, for the Trail Girl Guides fifth annual food drive. Watch for brown paper bags from Ferraro Foods, to fill with non -perishable food items for the Salvation Army food bank.
• Sunday, Leather and Steel in Fruitvale, 10 a.m. kick stands up for the West Kootenay Road Runners Memorial Ride for Fallen Members. Ride to Stewart Creek near Ymir and back. Open to all bikes and vehicles.
• Sunday, Gyro Park in Trail, 10 a.m. Scotiabank MS Walk, roll or bike for MS. Three or five kilometre routes.
• Monday, Genelle Hall, 6:45 p.m. The West Kootenay Naturalists host AGM with John Pollack, caver, photographer, and world traveller. Pollack has participated in scientific expeditions for over 40 years, notably with National Geographic expeditions of some of the largest caves in the world, a Yukon Gold Rush shipwreck and a lost Mongol fleet along the coast of Vietnam. No charge and everyone welcome. For more info call 250.365.5804.
• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m., the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Scheduled guest: Robert Elliott, Hollister Rep from Vancouver. For further info, please call 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• Saturday, Trail United Church, 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore presents works of women composers of the Romantic Era. Trio includes Angela Snyder (violin), Alexis More (viola) and Carolyn Cameron (piano). Works of Rebecca Clarke, Amy Beach and Fanny Mendelssohn.
• May 31, Charles Bailey Theatre, 3 p.m. for the Steps Dance Centre’s Stairway to Entertainment. Show features dancers ages 4-40. Call 368.9669 for info.
• June 5 and June 6, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. the J.L. Crowe Players present Grease. Ms. LaFonde’s drama class takes to the stage to perform one of the most successful musicals of all time.
To submit to Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org