• Sunday, Rossland Miners Hall, 6 p.m. Joe Hill Coffee House starts 7 p.m. Performances by: Everyman, a new band from Trail; Dean Stebly from Castle Theatre; Les Carter; Aaron Wylie; TJ and his band; The Kidz; and Paul Bowles. For info, contact Les Carter at 362.5677 or email email@example.com.
• Wednesday, Old Firehall, Rossland, 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore presents works of women composers of the Romantic Era. Trio includes Angela Snyder (violin), Alexis More (viola) and Carolyn Cameron (piano). Works of Rebecca Clarke, Amy Beach and Fanny Mendelssohn. Tickets at door or Bear Country Kitchen.
• Friday, Montrose Community Hall from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. All Montrose residents invited to join Lieutenant Governor Judith Guichon .
• Saturday, Trail Memorial Centre 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. the Trail Caledonian Games hosts the Kate E. Shaw Memorial Competition. Then 6 p.m. the Riverbelle for the Kate E. Shaw reunion dinner.
• May 23, Trail United Church, 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore presents works of women composers of the Romantic Era.
• May 25, Genelle Hall, 6:45 p.m. The West Kootenay Naturalists host AGM with John Pollack, caver, photographer, and world traveller. Pollack has participated in scientific expeditions for over 40 years, notably with National Geographic expeditions of some of the largest caves in the world, a Yukon Gold Rush shipwreck and a lost Mongol fleet along the coast of Vietnam. No charge and everyone welcome. For more info call 250.365.5804.
• May 25, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m., the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Scheduled guest: Robert Elliott, Hollister Rep from Vancouver. For further info, please call 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• May 31, Charles Bailey Theatre, 3 p.m. for the Steps Dance Centre‘s Stairway to Entertainment. Show features dancers ages 4-40. Call 368.9669 for info.
• June 5 and June 6, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. the J.L. Crowe Players present Grease. Ms. LaFonde’s drama class takes to the stage to perform one of the most successful musicals of all time.
To submit to Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org