•Wednesday, United Way of Trail and District from 1-5 p.m. hosts an open house. See what’s new for 2014, meet member agencies and learn how to get involved. Call 364.0999 for info.
•Friday, CANCELLED Charles Bailey Theatre at 7 p.m. for Snowbird: A Tribute to Anne Murray. Call 364.300 for info.
• Saturday, Trail Legion at 5:30 p.m for Country Time. BBQ ribs, country beans and coleslaw. Tickets $8, dance to follow at 7 p.m. with “That Girl & Earl.” For info call Jessie at 364.9911.
• Monday, Greater Trail Community Centre, south entrance at 7 p.m. WK Naturalist month-end meeting. Native plants for native pollinators. Free presentation to learn simple ways to enhance pollinator habitat in your garden. Beautiful slides. Refreshments, please bring your own cup. For info call 362.7424.
• The Trail Bottle Depot is collecting bottle donations to help purchase a wheelchair accessible van for Leanne, a local youth afflicted with Cerebral Palsy. For info or bottle pick up call Tammy Cox at 368.6975.
• Monday, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m. the Irish quintet Caladh Nua (Coll-ah-Noo-Ah, meaning “New Harbour”) versatile musicians and singers bring their blend of traditional and contemporary sounds from southeastern counties of Ireland to Trail. Tickets $30.
• Sunday, the Royal Theatre at 9:55 a.m. for a live show from Moscow, the Bolshoi Ballet presents Marco Spada. This swashbuckling ballet, sees its rebirth on stage of the famed theatre. A grandiose and unique ballet.
• Sunday, the Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m., the Sunday Cinema presents Her. A lonely writer purchases a newly developed operating system and a romantic relationship develops. Tickets $9 or $40 for the series. Call 364.3003 for info.
• April 3, Colombo Lodge 7 p.m. for a night with popular horticulturist Jim Hole. Admission by donation for a local food bank. Call 364.5770 to reserve.
• April 4, St Micheal’s Elementary School under the covered entrance area, between 8-10 a.m. The Grade 6 class is having a bottle drive. Please donate bottles and cans that are secured in a garbage bag.
• April 6, the Trail Seventh Day Adventist Church on Columbia Ave., 4:30 p.m., invites the community for Sunday Dinner with the Doctor. Renowned Creston physician Sid Kettner will talk about heart disease, life style medicine, and his book, “Are We Killing Ourselves.” Free vegetarian dinner. For info call Val 368.3384.
• April 10, Rossland Miners’ Hall, Lorne Elliott, a Canadian humorist, storyteller, musician and playwright will perform. Tickets $20 advance in Rossland at Out of the Cellar, or in Trail at the Charles Bailey box office. Tickets $25 at the door. Part of the Rossland Council of Arts and Culture 2013/2014 Performance Series.
• April 12, Trail Legion Branch #11 from 1-3 p.m. for a spring tea. Baked goods table, craft table and meat pies. Tickets $3 Everyone welcome.
• April 20, KP Park in Salmo from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. for Salmo’s Earth Day celebrations hosted by the Salmo Green Dream. Families and individuals can bring a lawn chair, blanket and potluck item and enjoy a wonderful afternoon full of environmentally themed activities, entertainment and information. Visit salmogreendream.ca for info.
• April 24, Glenmerry Elementary School library at 7 p.m. for the spring Glenmerry Residents Association meeting. Follow up on city projects, Earth Day neighbourhood clean-up plans and RCMP neighbourhood watch.
• April 27, the Trail Seventh Day Adventist Church on Columbia Ave., 4:30 p.m. for Sunday Dinner with the Doctor. Creston physician Sid Kettner discusses “The Sour Side of Sugar,” fighting fat, diabetes and obesity. For info call Val 368.3384.
• April 28, Kiro Wellness Centre, 1500 Columbia Ave., at 2 p.m. the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Guest: Paul Meise from Cooper Medical Supplies in Kelowna. For further info, call 368.9827 or 365.6276. Please note date change.
• June 1, Charles Bailey Theatre at 3 p.m. for Steps Dance Centre’s Stairway to Entertainment. Annual showcase of talent, tickets $15 on sale now at the box office.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com