• Thursday, Rossland Miners’ Hall, Lorne Elliott, a Canadian humorist, storyteller, musician and playwright will perform. Tickets $20 advance in Rossland at Out of the Cellar, or in Trail at the Charles Bailey box office. $25 at the door. Part of the Rossland Council of Arts and Culture 2013/2014 Performance Series.
• Saturday, Trail Legion Branch #11 from 1-3 p.m. for a spring tea. Bake table, craft table and meat pies. Everyone welcome.
• Friday, Charles Bailey Theatre from 2:30-8 p.m. Saturday from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. the Trail DanceFest committee presents Kootenay area dancers performing for adjudication. Full day of workshop classes Sunday with judges from Vancouver and Toronto at Steps Dance Centre.
• Saturday, Trail Walmart at 10:30 a.m., meet the Rossland Trail Roller Derby Girls. Chili, hotdogs, hamburgers, beverages, merchandise, door prize and most of all our April 26th and May 31st Bout tickets for sale.
• Saturday, Columbia View Lodge from 1-4 p.m. for Katrina Fontaine fundraiser. Bake sale, with cake and coffee $2.
• Saturday, Waneta Plaza from noon until 2 p.m. Heart & Soul Tae Kwon Do is “Breaking boards, Breaking chains,” to fundraise for the International Justice Mission Canada. a human rights organization that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression.
• Saturday, Warfield Pool Park at 11 a.m. for an Easter Egg Hunt. Children aged 0-12 years invited, dress for outdoors, limited parking, so please walk to the park.
• Tuesday, Gerick Cycle & Sports in Trail at 5 p.m. for Mural Heights spring mountain biking, and coaching tips with Cindy Devine, former world champion. Beginner/intermediate level bikers. Ride 60-90 mins. Class runs until May 6. Call 364.1661 for info.
• The Beaver Valley Citizen of the Year Committee is accepting nominations for the 2014 Citizen of the Year. Pick up nomination form from Montrose or Fruitvale village offices and include as much information as possible. Deadline is April 15 at 4 p.m.
• The Trail Bottle Depot is collecting bottle donations to help purchase a wheelchair accessible van for Leanne, a local youth afflicted with Cerebral Palsy. For info or bottle pick up call Tammy Cox at 368.6975.
• Thursday, VISAC Gallery from 4-7 p.m. public is invited to the opening exhibition of Joost Winckers, an art instructor at J.L. Crowe Secondary School. The display provides a unique opportunity for the community to appreciate the beautiful art work of a teacher who is much liked and appreciated by students and parents. Regular VISAC hours are Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Thursdays until 6 p.m. By donation. Call 364.1181 or visit visacgallery.com
• April 19, Waneta Plaza at 9:30 a.m. sharp for the Annual Giant Easter Egg Hunt.
• April 19, 20 Annual spring shoot for the West Kootenay Archers. Call 367.6283 for info.
• April 20, KP Park in Salmo from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. for Salmo’s Earth Day celebrations hosted by the Salmo Green Dream. Families and individuals can bring a lawn chair, blanket and potluck item and enjoy a wonderful afternoon full of environmentally themed activities, entertainment and information. Visit salmogreendream.ca for info.
• April 22, Ferraro Foods in downtown Trail (outside) from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. for the Clothesline Project. Hand painted T-shirt display, ending violence information, and free lunch. Call Trail FAIR for info 364.2326.
• April 24, Glenmerry Elementary School library at 7 p.m. for the spring Glenmerry Residents Association meeting. Follow up on city projects, Earth Day neighbourhood clean-up plans and RCMP neighbourhood watch.
• April 26, Royal Theatre, 9:55 a.m. for the Met production Cosi Fan Tutte. Mozart’s beloved opera about testing the ties of love.
• April 27, Royal Theatre, 9:55 a.m. for the Royal Ballet performing Sleeping Beauty. Today’s ballet captures the mood of the original and shows this is very much a living work.
• April 27, the Trail Seventh Day Adventist Church on Columbia Ave., 4:30 p.m. for Sunday Dinner with the Doctor. Creston physician Sid Kettner discusses “The Sour Side of Sugar,” fighting fat, diabetes and obesity. For info call Val 368.3384.
• April 27, Seniors Centre in Trail at 1:30 p.m., the public is invited to join the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Seniors at its AGM. Nurse Practitioner Barb Neilsen will be the guest speaker.
• April 28, Kiro Wellness Centre, 1500 Columbia Ave., at 2 p.m. the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Guest: Paul Meise from Cooper Medical Supplies in Kelowna. For further info, call 368.9827 or 365.6276. Please note date change.
• May 1, Royal Theatre at 7 p.m. for the National Theatre production of King Lear. Shakespeare’s tragedy of an aged king who divides his kingdom between his three daughters according to which one is most eloquent in praising him.
• May 1, Waneta Plaza for the annual Spring Craft Fair. See what local crafters have been working on over the winter. Runs until May 4.
• May 24, Fruitvale Memorial Hall at 9 a.m. auditions start for West Kootenay’s Best Singer. Top 20 auditions advance. Contests starts at 7 p.m. Tickets $5 at the Beaver Valley Bakery. Open to all ages living in West Kootenay/Boundary area. For info call Vern 250.428.0305.
• June 1, Charles Bailey Theatre at 3:00 p.m. for Steps Dance Centre‘s Stairway to Entertainment. Annual showcase of talent, tickets $15 on sale now at the box office.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org