• Tonight, 7:30 p.m. Muriel Griffiths Room, Jazz at the Griff presents the Melody Diachan Quartet. Featuring “Bossa Novas & the Beatles,” rich collection of songs from Brazil and the Fab Four. Tickets $13 advance, $18 at the door.
• Sunday, Rossland Miners Hall, doors open at 6 p.m. for Joe Hill Coffee House. Show starts at 7 p.m. Coffee and goodies. Tickets $3, kids and students free. Line up includes the Rossland Glee Choir; Ray Tenisci and Nick Plotnikoff; Stevo; Kootenay Dance Works; Paul Bowles; Peter Pii; and Robert Ferguson. For more info, contact Les Carter at 362.5677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saturday, Trail United Church from 10 a.m. until noon the U.C.W. is holding a Valentine Coffee Party at Knox Hall. Admission by donation, baking and toonie tables. All welcome.
• Saturday, Selkirk College, Room 155 from 10:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. The Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance staff present a workshop on how to apply for grants and what to expect from the application process. All artistic disciplines residing in the Basin welcome to attend.
• Saturday Rossland Miners Hall from 8 p.m. until 1 a.m. The Rossland Rotary presents Viva La Prom. A Valentine’s Day dance to benefit the Rossland Skatepark. Dance to DJ Newton Szabo, cash bar plus one complimentary glass of bubbly. Tickets $20, at Powderhound. Contact email@example.com for info.
• Saturday, 6 p.m. The JL Crowe Grad 2015 Committee presents Valentine Dinner, Dance and Fun Night at the Cominco Gym. Music by Tony Ferraro and Patrolling the Blue Line.
• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre at 2 p.m., the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Guest: Leslie Anderton showing her slides on geology of the West Kootenay. For further info, call 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• The Society for the Protection and Care of Seniors’ annual Memorial Vigil for “Services Lost” will be held outside Trail Hospital on Thurs. Feb. 19 from 1-3 p.m.
• Friday, last showing at the Visac Gallery for Wild Images, Paintings by Slocan Valley artist Evelyn E. Kirkaldy.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre, 9:30 a.m. for the Met Opera double bill, Iolanta & Bluebeard’s Castle. Iolanta is blind. She lives a secluded life and is treated like a doll. A long time ago her father, King René, hid her from the world and placed her in the care of simple people, Martha and Bertrand. His greatest concern is for his daughter never to find out she is blind.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, 11 a.m. the Royal Winnipeg Ballet’s production of Moulin Rouge.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre at 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Red Army. A feature documentary about the Soviet Union and the most successful dynasty in sport history, the Red Army hockey team.
• Feb. 20, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. The Rossland Light Opera Players present one of Canada’s best loved stories with this production of Anne of Green Gables. We all love the unwanted orphan girl who arrives at Matthew and Marilla’s farm and who transforms the lives of all the people who come in contact with her. This is the perfect family outing.
• Feb. 22, Selkirk College Trail Campus, 9 a.m. until 3 p.m,. Story telling workshop with Nadine Tremblay and Almeda Glenn Miller. Learn how to embody your stories by exploring the physical nature of your characters, giving them a voice.
Register at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 368.9669.
• Feb. 27, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m., E2 Experiments in Entertainment presents Little Moths. Hosted by Almeda Glenn Miller, storytellers from across the valley will frighten, delight and enlighten with authentic stories from our region.
• Monday, Warfield Community Hall, 6 p.m., Lego Club for children 5-8 yrs, one hour session for children 9-12 begins at 7 p.m. $10 registration fee. Each week, new Lego theme.
• Tuesday, Warfield Community Hall, (old kitchen) 6:30-8:30 p.m., Learn to Crochet. Bring a size “l” of J-hook and a ball of Red Heart super saver wool. Class is free.
• Wednesday, Webster School gym, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Floor hockey for children 5-8 years; 6:30-7:30 p.m. session for ages 9-12. $25 registration fee.
To submit to Grapevine email email@example.com