The tribute band that had rock icon Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page saying “This is about as close as you are going to get to the real deal,” is coming to Trail. Led Zepagain will rock the Charles Bailey Theatre on Friday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets $37.50 at box office.
• The Trail and District Harmony Choir presents its spring concert, under the direction of Audrey Bisset. Enjoy the music of the Harmony Choir, Women`s Chorale, vocal soloists and more. Also featured are the Kate E. Shaw Highland Dancers. Charles Bailey Theatre, Saturday at 7 p.m. Tickets $15.
• Mondays in May is biking day. Meet at Gericks Cycle for a free safety check then head out on a leisurely ride through the neighbourhood.
Meet at Gericks May 7, 14, 22, 28 at 5p.m. for a fun and healthy pedal just be sure to bring your doctor’s blessing and a helmet.
• The VISAC gallery presents “In the Tragic We Trust” features large-format collages of pop-culture figures such as Marilyn Monroe by Angela Duclos, a Warfield native studying fine arts at UBC.
Gallery open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday to Wednesday, 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday and Friday.
• Announcement – the Greater Trail Hospice Society is having its 25th anniversary celebration at the Cominco Gym on Saturday. Cost is $10 per person with a no host bar, light snacks, live entertainment and highlights from the Enema Awards. For more info, call 364-6204.
• The Trail United Church invites one and all to its spring tea and bake sale on Saturday in Knox Hall, from 10 a.m. to noon. Admission by donation.
• Come enjoy the launch of Children’s Book “Road Block” by Yolanda Ridge at Cafe Books West, 2063 Washington Street, Rossland on Saturday at 1 p.m. All ages welcome, admission free
• The Kate E. Shaw school of Highland dance presents the Strawberry Social, Sunday at the Fruitvale Memorial Hall from 2 to 4 p.m.
• Nelson Community Opera and Trail and District Harmony Choir present KHAOS the Opera, featuring all local talent and soloists. Composer Don MacDonald and Director/Playwright Nicola Harwood have collaborated in writing this full length opera. May 12 at 7:30 p.m. at the Charles Bailey Theatre in Trail.
Adults $25 and Students $20, tickets available at the Charles Bailey box office.
• St. Andrew’s United Church in Rossland invites the public to its Spring Tea, May 12 at 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
• The RougeMusic concert series presents the Couloir Duo with harpist Heidi Krutzen and cellist, Ariel Barnes, May 14 at 7:30 p.m. at the Rouge Gallery in Rossland. Don’t miss the final concert of this season series.
• The West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will hold it’s last meeting until September at the Kiro Wellness Center, 1500 Columbia Avenue, Trail on May 14 at 2 pm. Open discussion. Pizza and refreshments will be served. For further info, please call 368-9827 or 365-6276.
• The La Cafamore String Quartet will be presenting a program of rich and powerful music for strings and piano. May 14 at Trail United Church at 7:30 p.m. $15.