• Saturday, Presbyterian Church, 1:30-3:30 p.m. for Yuletide Tea. Bake sale, crafts, door prize. Everyone welcome, $3 admission, 1139 Pine Ave.
• Saturday, Warfield Community Hall, 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. for Warfield Craft Fair. $2 admission, coffee and goodies.
• Saturday, Waneta Plaza, 11 a.m. Trail After School Band, Grade 9 Crowe Band and Trail & District Seniors Band take centre stage. Other activities include the Golden City Railway Modellers presenting a model show, Trains, Cars, Planes and Ships. Annual Christmas Bake sales by community groups including the BV Girl Guides, BV Cub Scouts selling Bee Houses, Trail Eagles Auxiliary, Trail Association for Community Living, SPCA, Trail Hospice, Trail Skate Park, Special Olympics, Trail Gymnastics Club, Trail Sea Cadets and Studio Labelle Dance.
• Saturday, Trail United Church, 5 p.m. Kootenay South Métis Society hosts Community Dinner to celebrate Louis Riel. All members and their family welcome. For info, call Myrt Servatius at 368.7371.
• Saturday and Sunday, Area Catholic Parishes are hosting a “Homecoming” with a special welcome to all Catholics, especially those who have been away for any length of time. See Mass schedule on Friday’s Religion Page of the Trail Times.
• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. the Ostomy Support Group will meet for its annual Christmas craft meeting. For further info, call 250.365.6276.
• Sunday, Rossland Legion 7 p.m. Joe Hill Coffee House. Relaxed, family-friendly entertainment by the talented performers in your community. Coffee, tea and goodies (no bar), nice surroundings, good sound. Performers include Bert Kniss, Julia Halbert, Kootenay Dance Works, Marnie Jacobsen, Stevo, Brett Wildeman, and Norm McLeod. All welcome. For more info, contact Les Carter at email@example.com or call 250.362.5677.
• VISAC Gallery, “Between Trail & Sky,” a new exhibit by Richard Philip Soltice. Large scale black and white photos featuring Greater Trail. Runs until Nov. 25.
Nov 25, Trail Legion, 5 p.m. for the Caledonian Society ‘s St. Andrew’s Day Celebration potluck and social, supper at 6 p.m. Bring a dish to share with family and friends. For info, call Jessie at 250.364.9911.
• Nov. 26, Trail Senior’s Centre, 2-4 p.m. Dance to Don Hollis. $2 per person, all welcome. Entrance off Portland Street. For info call 364.0960.
• Nov. 26, RLOP cast auditions, 6:30 p.m. Come prepared to sing or join RLOP production crew. Auditions run again Dec. 1 at 6:30 p.m. Locale at 2054 Washington St. For info contact RLOPreluctantdragon@gmail.com.
• Nov, 28, Rossland Light Opera Player (RLOP) building, 6:30 p.m. Read-through for RLOP’s 2017 production, The Reluctant Dragon. Not your average fairy tale. Locale at 2054 Washington St.
• Dec. 1, Trail Memorial Centre Red Room, 2 p.m. Neighbourhood Grans to Grans will host a gathering in recognition of World AIDS Day. Sponsored by the Trail and District Public Library, the event includes videos, readings and discussion. Admission is free, all welcome. For more info contact Joan at 368.9509.
• Dec. 1, Rossland Sacred Heart Church, 7 p.m. hosting it’s annual Advent Music Celebration. Everyone welcome to attend an evening of music and meditation followed by hot chocolate and cookies.
• Dec. 1, Muriel Griffiths Room, 7:30 p.m. Slocan Valley’s acoustic blues duo Holly Hyatt and Jon Burden release Shufflin The Blues CD. Mix of Chicago Blues, Delta Blues and home-style originals.
• Dec. 3, Trail United Church, 10 a.m. until noon. U.C.W. is hosting their Christmas Coffee Party in the Knox Hall. Includes bake and toonie table. Admission by donation, all welcome.