Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission. For full listing visit trailtimes.ca.
• Saturday, Trail Senior’s Centre. 2-4 p.m. Dance to music of Peter Makortoff. Admission $2. Refreshments served. Entrance on Portland Street. All welcome.
• Saturday, Rossland Light Opera Players hall, 6 p.m. for the Annual General Meeting with a potluck dinner to follow. Bring a dish to share, anyone interesting in joining or supporting the RLOP is welcome to attend. (2054 Washington St.)
• Saturday, deadline for West Kootenay Camera Club “26th.” Annual Photo Show submissions. Drop-off at Kel Printing in Castlegar, Vogue Photography in Nelson, and Doell Photography in Trail. For more information and entry forms visit westkootenaycameraclub.com.
• Sunday, Gyro Park 9 a.m. until noon, the Canadian Cancer Society’s Daffodil Dash. Family friendly event, designed for runners and walkers of all ages and all fitness levels, all money raised donated to the Canadian Cancer Society.
• Friday, last day showing Perspectives: A Contemporary Fibre Art Exhibit by Sarah Elizabeth and Theshini Naicker.
• April 30, St. Rita’s Parish, 1-2:30 p.m. Strawberry Tea & Bake Sale. Entry by donation. All welcome. 1935 East View St., Fruitvale.
• April 30, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. Trail Harmony Choir hosts the International Choral Festival. Wenatchee Apollo Club, the Wenatchee Appleaires, the Camerata Club from Yakima, the Kelowna Spectrum Singers and the Nelson Choral Society.
• May 3, Trail/Warfield Citizen of the Year ceremony 7 p.m. at St. Michael’s School. This year’s honouree is Keith Smyth. Public welcome to attend ceremony with social hour to follow.
• May 4, Trail Senior’s Centre, 4-8 p.m. Silver City Days Toonie Dance. Snacks and nonalcoholic beverages. Music by Peter Makortoff and Jim Halpin of North of 60.
• May 6, Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. the Trail Ambassador Program presents Miss Trail 2016. Six candidates competing for the title, opening dance and frugal fashion show.
• May 14, Salvation Army Church, 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Borscht Luncheon & Bake Sale (or Chicken Vegetable Soup). 2030 Second Ave, Trail. Tickets $6, available at SA Thrift Store.
• June 2, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. presents Shields Johnston Fielding. Pushing the boundaries of traditional jazz composition through an exploratory approach, the trio’s sound pulls listeners into lush, smoky ballads, driving grooves, and soaring melodies.
To submit email email@example.com.