• Sunday Cinema presents “Incendies,” an Oscar nominated film from French-Canadian director Denis Villeneuve. Following their mother’s death, twins Jeanne and Sharman Marwan must piece together the story of the woman who brought them into the world, discovering a tragic fate forever marked by war and hatred as well as incredible courage. Sunday, 4 p.m. at Royal Theatre in Trail, $9.
• Visac Gallery presents Faces and Figures – The Divine Spark. Explores perceptions of how the human body relates to the physical and emotional environment. Until March 4 (visacgallery.com or call 364-1181 for more information).
• Trail Society for the Performing Arts presents “La Diva.” Natalie Choquette will delight audiences with a variety of operatic interpretations that are both moving and humourous. Tuesday, 7:30 p.m. at Charles Bailey Theatre, $30. Call 368-9669.
• Rouge Gallery in Rossland presents clarinettist Nicola Everton. The Valentine concert will feature Everton and the La Cafamour String Quartet. Everton recently moved to the Kootenays after 20 years as a member of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra. Monday, 7:30 p.m., $12.
• Critically-acclaimed and award-winning production of “Jake’s Gift,” written and performed by Julia Mackey; a moving and funny story about a Second World War veteran’s return to Juno Beach for the 60th anniversary of D-day. Rossland Miners Hall, 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, $15.
• Iron Mountain Theatre presents “Ski Bum: The Musical.” Charles Bailey Theatre, Saturday, Feb. 19, 7:30 pm. $17 adults, $14 students and seniors.
• Valentine’s tea and book and baked-goods sale. Saturday from 1:30-3:30 p.m. at St. Andrew’s Anglican Church. For more info, contact 362-9022.
• The United Church women are having a Valentine’s bake sale at the Trail United Church, Tuesday, 10 a.m. to noon.
• Italo Canadese Valentine’s Dinner and Dance. Saturday, 6 p.m. cocktails, 6:30 p.m. dinner. Tickets: $60 per couple. More info: 364-1420.
• Local charities and businesses are raising funds for a cause of their choice by selling “Breast Friends Cookbooks.” Books in Trail at Canadian Cancer Society office and Style Mavens, or Deborah Shergold 368-5363 and Dorothy Northrup 362-9649.
• Relay for Life team the Fit Femmes are holding a bake sale at Waneta Plaza Saturday, selling healthy baked goods to promote healthy living and to fight cancer, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• The Heart and Stroke Foundation will have an information and donation table at Waneta Plaza on Saturday, Feb. 12, 19 and 26 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Trail/Castlegar Parkinson Support Group will be meeting Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. at the Colander with a guest speaker; new members welcome. Call 368-5179 for more info.
Email Grapevine submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org