• The VISAC Gallery presents “The Subtle Body,” a colourful collection of paintings of yoga poses by Nakusp artist Barbara Maye. Gallery hours are Mon. to Wed., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Th-Fri, 2-6 p.m. For a special guided showing of the exhibit with your group of friends or club, contact the gallery at 364-1181 or email@example.com. The exhibit runs until Friday.
• Kootenay Savings Music in the Park was cancelled due to severe weather warning. Next Thursday it will resume at 7 p.m. with roots and world music favourites, The Fabulous Chairs.
• The KBRH Health Foundation Golf Classic is teeing off at Birchank Golf Course Friday with all proceeds supporting the Digital Mammography campaign. Tee off at 1 p.m. in a modified scramble, with prizes and dinner to follow. Register now, donate prizes, or become a sponsor; contact the Health Foundation at 364-3424 or register at www.kbrhhealthfoundation.ca.
• On Saturday the Columbia Canoe and Kayak Club invites the general public to join them in a paddle on the Lower Arrow Lake. It will be an easy (if the wind does not blow) 4-5 hour paddle. Leaving from Deer Park to Anderson Point then across to Renata for lunch then down to the natural Arch at Brooklyn. Call 365-2715 for detailed meeting arrangements.
• The Trail Market goes on the Esplanade next Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. If interested in selling your wares please call 368-3144.
• Introducing a Drop-in Centre for Adults at the “AMP” – Alliance meeting place – 3375 Laburnum Dr. next to the Alliance Church. An informal place where adults meet to play games, do crafts, puzzles, have a coffee and socialize. Everyone welcome. Tuesdays 1-4 p.m. Come for a few minutes or stay all afternoon.
• Start planning your entry for the Golden City Days Parade, Saturday, Sept. 8. Dig out old hats, long skirts, miners’ beards, gamblin’ duds; enter a float, marching group, baby buggies; play music, and dance. Join in the fun. Food and craft vendors are needed for Saturday and Sunday, also. Contact Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com.