Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission. For full listing visit trailtimes.ca.
• Friday, Trail Market on the Esplanade, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Fresh produce, good eats and more.
• Saturday, Redstone Resort 3 p.m. shotgun start, best ball, for Charity Gold Tournament. Proceeds to the Rossland Museum Renewal Project. Teams of four: Divisions: men, women, and mixed divisions. Prizes for division winners. Fear not if you’re a beginner golfer, there are a few competitions for you too. For info, visit rosslandmuseum.ca or call Redstone, 362.9141.
• Wednesday (Aug. 10), Evening Edition of Trail Market on the Esplanade, 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. Take a stroll down the picturesque river walk and shop from local vendors selling everything from fresh produce, sweets and savouries to artisan soaps and more.
• Thursday, Kootenay Savings Music in the Park, 7 p.m. The Great Plains: Saskia & Darell. Cross of roots singer-songwriter from a Dutch background with a Saskatchewan blues-rock guitar playing Metis. Sit back and enjoy, admission by donation.
• Registration now open for Storm the Stairs Fundraising Fun/Run Walk hosted by the United Way of Trail and District. Slated Sept. 10 from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m., this unique fitness challenge (or friendly fitness walk) is a friendly fundraising event for those individuals looking for a healthy physical challenge. For info call Naomi McKimmie at 250.364.0999.
• Aug 11, Kootenay Savings Music in the Park, 7 p.m. Darlene Ketchum Quartet takes the stage. An evening full of well known covers, soul tunes, jazz standards, gospel, R&B and funk. Bring your lawn chair, admission by donation.
• Aug 12, Gyro Park, 2 p.m. for Kootenays Largest Water Fight aka Water-Rama. A horn will sound, signaling the start of a “flash mob” water fight. Bring super-soakers, squirt toys, and water bazookas for this spontaneous water-soaked event. No one is going to stop, ‘till the river runs dry’!
• Aug. 13, Cedar Avenue from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. for Trail’s incrEDIBLE Farmers Market. A Saturday morning experience, the market brings farm fresh produce, fruits vegetables, home baking/gluten free, handcrafted items, entertainment and more.
• Aug 19, Trail Market on the Esplanade, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Fresh produce, good eats and more.
• Aug 19 to Aug 21, Trail Riding Grounds for the Hot August Hooves Horse Show. Lots of different classes for all levels of riders. Dressage & Jumping on Friday, English flat on Saturday, Halter, Inhand and Western flat Sunday. Huge raffle table for everyone, not just horse people. Many items donated by local business including hotel stays, merchandise, items, hand made items, feed, horse items, and much much more. For more information call 250.608.0735.
To submit email firstname.lastname@example.org.