Please note Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times. It is designed to give non-profit groups and advertising partners the ability to promote upcoming events. However, the Trail Times does not guarantee Grapevine submissions will make the next issue. If you wish to guarantee promotion of an event, we suggest you contact our advertising department.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre at 6 p.m. hosts the annual Under 19 Film Festival. This is the largest youth film festival in the Kootenays. Young film makers compete in seven categories for cash prizes with their original short films.
• Sunday Cinema at the Royal Theatre presents The Angels’ Share. A Scottish comedy-drama that tells the story of a young Glaswegian father who narrowly avoids a prison sentence. All shows at 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted. $9.00 per show/$40.00 for the series.
• Saturday, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7 p.m. The Trail and District Harmony Choir celebrates 25 years of choral music in their spring concert. Directed by Audrey Bisset. Featured guests include: Kootenay Women’s Choral; Rossland Glee Club; The Green Choir; Kootenay DanceWorks; Wind River Quartet; Maggie Chan and more. Tickets $15, available now at the Charles Bailey box office.
• Saturday, Warfield at 10 a.m. The Salvation Army and Trail Girl Guides are looking for the support of the community in their annual food drive. Donations will go to the Salvation Army Food Bank in the Gulch and will help keep families and individuals full and happy this summer.
• Saturday, Riverbelle from noon until 4 p.m. Baby and Bridal Fair 2013. Fashion, hors d’oeuvres, door prizes and give-aways. Admission free. Everyone welcome.
• Saturday, Glenmerry Clean-up day. 9:30 a.m. at Glenmerry School.
• Saturday, Montrose Hall from 9-11 a.m. BV Recreation is hosting a Kids Garage Sale. Quality used baby and kids clothes, toys, books and furniture.
• Sunday, Local 480 Day of Mourning. Pancake breakfast 9-10:30 a.m., everyone welcome. Walk of Remembrance 10:45 a.m. to the Family Park.
• Sunday, Gyro Park from 9-11 a.m. MS Walk.
• Monday, Webster Elementary School from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Missoula Children`s Theatre auditions (children currently enrolled in K-12) for RLOP and MCT`s production of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
• Today, St Anthony’s Church meeting room, 315 Rossland Avenue at 10 a.m. The Area Right to Life Society will hold its AGM.
• Sunday, Trail Seniors’ Hall, Selkirk building, at 1:30 p.m. The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Seniors (SPCS) will hold its AGM, starting with Catherine Gonzalez as guest speaker. She will discuss Home Health Services and how to get home support, or place a loved one into residential care.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com