Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission. For full listing visit trailtimes.ca.
• May 28, Trail United Church, 1-3 p.m. the Neighbour Grans to Grans will hold a Strawberry Tea. Generous servings of strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream. Tickets, $5.00. All proceeds go to the Stephen Lewis Foundation Grandmothers campaign, to help grandmothers mostly in Sub Sahara Africa who are caring for children whose parents have died of AIDS. To learn more go to Stephenlewisfoundation.org. or contact Joan McKenzie at 368.9509.
• May 28, Fruitvale Memorial Hall, 8-11 p.m. Enjoy an evening of ballroom dancing to the big-band sounds of the SwingSationS. All welcome, $20 tickets available at Trail Coffee & Tea Co. and Mallard’s in Castlegar and Country Roads General Store in Fruitvale.
• May 30, Genelle Hall, 7 p.m. The West Kootenay Naturalists host Alistair Fraser, presentation on ‘’”Ogopogo Gait – what devotees don’t explain”. AGM will follow. Free of charge and everyone welcome. For info call 250.365.5804.
• June 2, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. presents Shields Johnston Fielding. Pushing the boundaries of traditional jazz composition through an exploratory approach, the trio’s sound pulls listeners into lush, smoky ballads, driving grooves, and soaring melodies.
• June 2, Trail United Church, 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore classical trio presents: Music from the Movies (and other Internet lies). Angela Snyder (violin), Alexis More (viola) and Carolyn Cameron (piano) play works of Felix Mendelssohn, Dimitri Shostakovich and Joe Hisaishi. Tickets at the door or advance at Bear Country Kitchen in Rossland.
• June 4, 460 Forrest Drive, Warfield, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Trail Girl Guide’s Community Garage and Bake Sale. All funds support the Trail Girl Guide’s week long trip to SOAR (Spirit of Adventure Rendezvous) in Smithers. No Early Birds please.
• June 6, Trail Seniors Centre, 1:30 p.m. general membership meeting. Entrance on Portland Street.
• June 9, Gyro Park, 7 p.m. Music in the Park opens with the Trail Pipe Band and Kate E. Shaw Dancers. Reels, jigs and traditional Scottish Music.
• June 9 through June 11, Montrose celebrates 60th anniversary. Family Fun Day, parade on Saturday.
• June 16, Trail Seniors Centre, 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. for open house. Crib 11 a.m., light lunch at noon, dance to Reg Bozzer, 1-3 p.m. No charge, all welcome.
To submit email firstname.lastname@example.org.