• Thursday, Trail United Church, front steps, 5:30 p.m. In support of the people in the Quebec community where the recent shootings took place, there will be a vigil by the cenotaph next to the Trail United Church on Pine Ave. Please bring a candle. For more info call Patsy at 250.231.8074 or Joan at 250.368.9509.
• Monday, Trail Seniors’ Centre, 1:30 p.m. for general membership meeting. All welcome including non-members. Entrance at 924 Portland Street. Guest speaker: Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacist for an information session on the shingles vaccination. For more info, contact Darlene McIsaac at 250.364.0960 or 250.368.9790.
• Tickets now available for Feb. 23 noon banquet in the Trail Seniors’ Centre. 12 p.m. start, music by Don Hollis. For more info call Darlene McIsaac at 250.364.0960 or 250.368.9790.
• Saturday, Trail United Church, 7:30 p.m. Greater Trail Hospice Society presents Time for Spring. Concert featuring violinist Carolyn Cameron and Dawna Kavanagh on piano. Admission by donation, all proceeds to Greater Trail hospice.
• Tuesday (Feb. 7), Bailey Theatre, 7:30 p.m. the Bubbleguppies Live, Ready to Rock. Theatrical tour starring the lovable guppy friends.
• VISAC Gallery, showing ‘Landscape, Migration, & Wilderness’ an exhibit by local artist Stephanie Kellett.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m., Sunday Cinema presents 20th Century Women. a determined single mother in her mid-50s does her best to raise her adolescent son in a time of cultural change and rebellion.
• Feb. 9, Red Mountain Resort, 5-9 p.m. Take a Hike Foundation hosts its first annual Moonlight Snowshoe. Live music, hot food, prizes and a chance to spend time connecting with Take a Hike students and staff, all in support of the West Kootenay program. For info call 250.364.1889.
• Feb. 9, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. for Laura Landsberg. Versatile doesn’t begin to describe Landsberg, given the range of her voice and the breadth of material she interprets in a jazz style.
• Feb. 10, Trail United Church, 7 p.m. Steven Palmer returns to Trail with his family friendly Gospel-Folk Show. Tickets $15, 12 and under free.
• Feb. 10, Muriel Griffiths Room, 7:30 p.m. KBRH Health Foundation presents Time for Spring. A concert and song auction featuring violinist Carolyn Cameron and Dawn Kavanagh on piano. Admission by donation to health foundation. RSVP foundation director Lisa Pasin at 250.364.3424.
• Feb. 11, Fruitvale Memorial Hall, 8-11 p.m. Dance to the big band sounds of The SwingSationS. All welcome, features a variety of dance styles for all ages. Tickets, $20, available at Trail Coffee & Tea, Mallard’s in Castlegar and Country Roads General Store in Fruitvale. To reserve tickets, call 250.367.6115.
• Feb. 11, Cominco Gym, 6 p.m. JL Crowe Grade Valentine Dinner and Dance kicks off. Appies 6 p.m., dinner 6:45 p.m., game show 7:30 p.m. dance 9 p.m. Tickets available at Pharmasave Trail.
• Feb. 16, Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. JL Crowe Variety Show. Crowe students showcase their talent. Call 368.9669 for info.
• Tickets available for Feb. 23 noon banquet in the Trail Seniors’ Centre. 12 p.m. start, music by Don Hollis. For more info call Darlene McIsaac at 250.364.0960 or 250.368.9790.
• Feb. 25, Bailey Theatre, 7:30 p.m. Tom Cochrane celebrates the 25th anniversary of his hit album “Mad, Mad World,” with a Canada-wide tour.