• Thursday, Community Volunteer Income Tax Program begins. Free-of-charge service to low income individuals who satisfy certain limits and restrictions. First-come basis. Mondays, 9-11 a.m. at Trail Senior Citizens’ Branch, Tuesdays 9:30-11:30 a.m. in Kate’s Kitchen on Rossland Avenue, Wednesdays from 9-11 a.m. at Trail FAIR, Thursdays from 9-11 a.m. at Beaver Valley Manor and Fridays 9-11 a.m. in Esling Park Lodge, Rossland. Runs until April 21.
• Thursday, Bailey Theatre, doors open 6:30 p.m. for Archaeology and The Hunt. Bill Hanlon shares his amazing story of finding the preserved remains of an ancient hunter emerging from a glacier and scientific studies, which include efforts to locate living relatives of Kwäday Dän Ts’inchi. Admission by donation, all proceeds to the Trail Wildlife Association and WK Big Game Trophy Association.
• Friday, Sacred Heart Church, Rossland. 1:30 p.m. for 2017 World Day of Prayer Service written by the women of the Philippines. All are welcome.
• Saturday, Bailey Theatre 7 p.m. for Youth Arts Festival: Talent Slam. For info visit trail-arts.com.
• Saturday, Prestige Hotel, 7:30 p.m. the Rossland Council for Arts and Culture Comedy Series presents, “Lucas Myers in Campground – A Murder Mystery in the Woods.” Clever one-man skit comedy show, doors open 7 p.m. Tickets available in advance at Out of the Cellar in Rossland, Bailey box office in Trail, and online atrosslandartscouncil.com/performance-series.
• Friday, 7:30 p.m. Muriel Griffiths Room for Silver Screen Scoundrels. Entertaining multimedia show combining music with silent films and comedy.
• VISAC Gallery showing ‘Young Minds, Emerging Thoughts.’ Features three artists, Madeline Grace-Wood, Kaylee Colquhoun, and Ivana Waning from J.L. Crowe. Adding to the art works, VISAC will be creating an installation piece to be grown inside the exhibit.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Daniel Blake. Gripping, human tale about the impact one man can make.
• March 3, Sacred Heart Church, Rossland. 1:30 p.m. for 2017 World Day of Prayer Service written by the women of the Philippines. All are welcome.
• March 9, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. presents Andrea Superstein Band. Superstein takes listeners on a musical trip that starts in Tin Pan Alley and twists its way to today.
• March 18, Trail United Church, 10 a.m. until noon for St. Patrick’s Day Coffee Party in Knox Hall. Bake and toonie tables. Admission by donation, all welcome.
• March 18, Rossland Sacred Heart Church, 1-3 p.m., hosting annual St. Patrick’s Day Tea. Admission, $4, includes bake table. Everyone welcome.
• March 20, 2 p.m. Kiro Wellness Centre, the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Scheduled guest: Sleep Workshop. For further info, call 250.368.9827 or 250.365.6276.