The City of Trail asks residents to abide by the following requirements for pick-up:
1. The City of Trail will only pick up yard and garden waste free of charge. This pertains only to leaves, grass, garden waste and branches up to six inches in diameter.
2. All leaves, garden refuse and grass clippings must be bagged (clear bags only). All branches must be tied and bundled.
3. Clear bags are available from the City of Trail at a cost of $1.50 per bag.
4. Loose leaves and clippings will not be picked up.
5. Branches must be bundled in short lengths, not exceeding six feet.
6. The City will only pick up a maximum of one cubic yard of refuse (approx. a ½ ton truck full) of those allowable items. Refuse in excess of this amount will be left behind.
7. All yard and garden waste to be picked up should be placed on your property line close to the area where your usual garbage pick-up is made.
8. The above described material left in your lane or at your property line will be regarded as designated for pick-up.
9. Invasive weeds (ex: knotweed and policeman’s helmet) are to be bagged separately and in clear bags.
10. The City of Trail will pick up only the items listed. It will be the owner’s responsibility to take all other refuse to the appropriate recycling facilities or the landfill site.
11. The City of Trail is requesting that all residents do not place any refuse other than items listed above into City lanes or on City property. All other refuse must be stored on private property and disposed of appropriately.